TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Minimum Income Guarantee Will Increase Congress Tally, Say People
- IPL 2019: RR vs KXIP — Highlights
- Ford Cars To Feature Amazon Alexa — Best Voice-Command System Ever?
- Shabana Azmi Reacts To PM Modi Biopic Credit Row
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Airtel Online Store: Get Samsung Galaxy S10, iPhone XR, Google Pixel 3
- She Injected Fruit Juice Into Blood!
- Top 5 Affordable Cities In India To Live In 2019
Microsoft Office 2013 Released to Manufacturers, Official Launch in Q1 2013
Microsoft seems to have picked up momentum when it comes to timely product roll outs. As they are planning to gearing up to launch their much talked about Windows 8 platform this October end, another product offering, Office 2013 is also slowly but strongly progressing towards the launch stage.
This was disclosed by some sources close to the company. They stated that Office version has now reached manufacturers. As the name conveys, Microsoft is planning to make the new Office package commercially to the consumers by first quarter of 2013. However, the version will be made available to MSDN and TechNet customers by November mid.
Some of the expected features in Office 2013 include:
- Touch Mode
- New Visual task scheduling in Outlook
- Different ‘Start’ functioning
- Online picture support
- Resume Reading functionality in Documents
- More Cloud enabled
Microsoft has made a series of announcements around this new Office 2013 version. They have stated that users who are Office 2010 or 2011pack for Mac will be entitled for a free upgrade to Office 2013 upon its official release. This offer will be applicable to all users who make this purchase after October 19th. Windows RT devices will be pre-loaded with a preview version of Office 2013.
Enterprise customers who are using Office 365 will start getting this new version through an update by November. Microsoft has also made it clear that users who are on volume licensing terms can start downloading Office 13 package applications like Sharepoint, Exchange and Lync by mid November where as new Office 2013 will start appearing in the volume licensing price list in December. However, IT developers can start downloading this version via their MSDN and TechNet subscriptions.