- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Sports Mannarino ends wait for first ATP title with Rosmalen triumph
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Microsoft to offer tablets with higher resolution
Microsoft is working on tablets powered with Windows 8. These are expected to have higher resolutions. In the official blog post, a senior program manager, David Washington of Microsoft User Experience Team mentioned about this. High resolution displays refer to Metro user interface that scales the Windows 8 tablets, monitors and laptops. He directly addressed the Retina Display that is equipped in the new iPad.
The Windows 8 powered tablets of Microsoft will be revealed in the later half of the year. The majority of these tablets will have a pixel density of 135 dpi minimum. The HD tablets will have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels on 11.6 inch screen. The quad XGA tablets will have a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels on 11.6 inch screen. The Retina Display of Apple's new iPad has a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
Microsoft has chosen a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels which is quite large for Metro apps. Apps have to be designed after considering the fixed dimensions and form factor. The Metro apps for the tablets should be looking pretty even on the large screen tablets. This means that no app should be broken or should leave empty space when run.
Application developers can scale their apps in order to suit the different screen sizes. Windows 8 platform supports scalable graphics and so the new development tools will enable them to design and test apps for various screen resolution