TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Stranded In No Man’s Land; Probe On To Ascertain How 31 Rohingyas Crossed Over
- Double Digit Salary Hike This Year In India; Most In Asia
- Gigapixel And Terapixel Imaging — Explained
- India vs New Zealand — The Highs And Lows
- Maruti Ertiga To Come In A Luxury-Focussed 6-Seater Format — An Ideal Business Companion?
- PM Modi Reacts To Kartik Aaryan's 'Backfie' Photo!
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- How To Cover Up A Tattoo With Make-up?
Between 2011 and 2016, the mobile data traffic is expected to grow at an annual compound rate of 78% due to the reason that the mobile devices that are connected to internet accounts to a larger number on Earth, claims the research made by Cisco Systems Inc.
The world's population is estimated by United Nations to reach 7.3 billion within 2016. The annual visual networking index forecast made by Cisco will states that by that time there will be around 10 billion mobile devices generating a mobile data traffic of about 10.8 exabytes per month.
Cisco also claims that this will translate to about 130 exabytes of mobile data an year that is equal to 813 quadrillion text messages or 33 billion DVDs. The core business of Cisco is related to devices like switches and routers that manage the Internet traffic. The portable gadgets like smartphones and laptops are the ones that drive the mobile data traffic.