TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Between 2011 and 2016, the mobile data traffic is expected to grow at an annual compound rate of 78% due to the reason that the mobile devices that are connected to internet accounts to a larger number on Earth, claims the research made by Cisco Systems Inc.
The world's population is estimated by United Nations to reach 7.3 billion within 2016. The annual visual networking index forecast made by Cisco will states that by that time there will be around 10 billion mobile devices generating a mobile data traffic of about 10.8 exabytes per month.
Cisco also claims that this will translate to about 130 exabytes of mobile data an year that is equal to 813 quadrillion text messages or 33 billion DVDs. The core business of Cisco is related to devices like switches and routers that manage the Internet traffic. The portable gadgets like smartphones and laptops are the ones that drive the mobile data traffic.