TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
The Android ICS update was rolled out for Motorola Xoom tablets in January itself. Now, the Wi-Fi version of the tablet is getting the 4.0.5 update. Android ICS already made its presence in the Galaxy Nexus and Zync X990 tablets. The good news is that this update is pushed by Motorola and not by Google. So it might have fixes for the minor bugs. This update is not for all the devices.
Users who are part of the Motorola Feedback network have more chances to get it first for their Xoom devices. The improvements that are available in this new update are listed below.
Updated browser with fast zooming, panning and rendering. Users can save pages for offline reading and also request the desktop versions of the websites.
Swipe to ignore tasks, notifications and browser tabs. This allows to dismiss apps from Recent apps list, individual notifications and browser tabs with a simple swipe.
Redesigned app launcher allows users to drag an app to get information about it, uninstall it and disable a pre-installed one.
New system font called Roboto for high resolution screens to improve the readability and user experience.
Updated People app to replace the contacts and to integrate with social networks like Google+.
Improved spell check and text input. The on-screen keyboard has more accuracy.
Typing with voice using the microphone on the keyboard. Start talking to create emails, SMS and other text.
Rich and versatile imaging abilities for large screens. You can also take snaps while recording a video. Camera can be launched directly from lockscreen.
Redesigned gallery with photo editor helps to make pictures look best. The photo editor allows to crop, rotate, set levels, add effects and more.
More, resizable and richer widgets that expand to show more content and shrink to save space.