TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Mozilla has joined with LG to release its first mobile phone at the MWC 2012, a close source claims. This Mozilla-LG phone is hoped to be powered by the Boot to Gecko (B2G) operating system of Mozilla, that could strengthen the position of Firefox in the war of browsers. This device will be aimed mainly at the developers and not for the public initially.
There are no details on the price or the specifications of the upcoming device but it is possible that it will go on sale on the next week. This is an optimistic prediction we can say as usually the MWC announcements will be launched only in the middle of the year or even later.
Mozilla can have the winning part as the new operating system, Boot to Gecko will allow the carrier more control as the OS is open and is based on the open browser and web marketplace.
Boot to Gecko is more than a common mobile OS and it is a great idea of turning the devices into standalone platforms. The new B2G is a Linux loading Firefox interpreting engine that is similar to Crhome OS. The web APIs used by these two are the only different ones between these two.
Stay tuned to the MWC 2012 as the announcement of the of the partnership of Mozilla and B2G is surely a big news for both the companies.