TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Mozilla has joined with LG to release its first mobile phone at the MWC 2012, a close source claims. This Mozilla-LG phone is hoped to be powered by the Boot to Gecko (B2G) operating system of Mozilla, that could strengthen the position of Firefox in the war of browsers. This device will be aimed mainly at the developers and not for the public initially.
There are no details on the price or the specifications of the upcoming device but it is possible that it will go on sale on the next week. This is an optimistic prediction we can say as usually the MWC announcements will be launched only in the middle of the year or even later.
Mozilla can have the winning part as the new operating system, Boot to Gecko will allow the carrier more control as the OS is open and is based on the open browser and web marketplace.
Boot to Gecko is more than a common mobile OS and it is a great idea of turning the devices into standalone platforms. The new B2G is a Linux loading Firefox interpreting engine that is similar to Crhome OS. The web APIs used by these two are the only different ones between these two.
Stay tuned to the MWC 2012 as the announcement of the of the partnership of Mozilla and B2G is surely a big news for both the companies.