- 23 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- News Bengaluru: Rowdy Kunigal Giri's birthday party busted, 266 girls rescued from venue
- Movies Hansika Motwani Underwent Surgeries To Enhance Her Career? Deets Inside
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Nearly 70 percent of mobile towers in SDMC areas illegal
Nearly 70 per cent of the mobile towers installed in areas under the jurisdiction of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation are illegal, the civic body has said.
Out of the total of 3,670 towers, 2,537 are installed illegaly while only the rest 1,133 have legal sanction. SDMC has four zones - South, Central, West and Najafgarh - and maximum number of illegal towers have been found in Central Zone (1,108), the SDMC said.
The corporation, however, has decided to take action such illegal towers and necessary directions have been issued to all zonal offices. The SDMC is also exploring possibilty of utilising other municipal buildings for installation of cell towers on their roof tops.
A few days back North Delhi Municipal Corporation had said that of the 2,539 mobile towers installed in its area, only 1,255 are legal.