TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
New selfie app to 'boost your ego'
The app is called "Ego" and it's intended to be used only for selfies. It's a free app in the App Store, abc11.com reported.
People take selfies everywhere these days, from the fancy restaurant to a leisurely walk in the evening.
"That's human nature, you want to show people what you're doing, cool things, and there isn't always a photographer around to capture those moments," app creator Sam Waters, a Duke University graduate, was quoted as saying.
Waters said people have so many selfies they haven't posted because they feel embarrassed to post them on social media. So, Waters created an app just for selfies.
"You're not trying to be vain about it, you're just showing great moments that are happening in your life in a really convenient way," Waters said.
SEE ALSO: 20 Best Mid-range Smartphones Between Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000 That Are Worthy More Than An iPhone 6
You create a username and one word to describe yourself, and then start posting. You have a feed and people can see what you post, and they 'Boost your Ego' if they like your picture.
"On Ego, you can create a portfolio of these images and create a storybook of your life."
Waters says there will be no more shame in taking selfies, or embarrassment in posting them to social media.