TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
A new technology has been developed through which seaweed can be converted into useable fuel. Yes, this has been made possible by a group of Indian Scientists, using this technique renewable fuels can be obtained(manufactured) and is also cost effective.
The seaweed is degraded by a genetically engineered enzyme and carbohydrates are extracted. Then the sugars present in the carbohydrates are used as feedstock for fuel production. Thus, this technology is the best way to produce bio-fuels.
This breakthrough technology is ideal for commercial fuel production as well. If implemented across the world, then the fuel scarcity can be minimized to a great extent. In many parts of the world, seaweed is grown exclusively for biofuel production.
According to experts, this technology will soon replace automobile fuels as well thus paving the way for a bio-fuel revolution.