TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
A new technology has been developed through which seaweed can be converted into useable fuel. Yes, this has been made possible by a group of Indian Scientists, using this technique renewable fuels can be obtained(manufactured) and is also cost effective.
The seaweed is degraded by a genetically engineered enzyme and carbohydrates are extracted. Then the sugars present in the carbohydrates are used as feedstock for fuel production. Thus, this technology is the best way to produce bio-fuels.
This breakthrough technology is ideal for commercial fuel production as well. If implemented across the world, then the fuel scarcity can be minimized to a great extent. In many parts of the world, seaweed is grown exclusively for biofuel production.
According to experts, this technology will soon replace automobile fuels as well thus paving the way for a bio-fuel revolution.