TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Nokia is working on a new range of Lumia and PureView series phones. The brand is currently working on the implementation of the Superhydrophobic technology on these handsets. This is a waterproof technology that will repel water and safeguard the smartphones.
The use of this technology will make the future Lumia and PureView handsets waterproof. Making the devices waterproof will not only let the users to use the devices during rain but will also enhance their life.
The Vice President of Nokia Western Europe, Conor Pierce said that the Superhydrophobic technology will make the water bounce, stop it and roll it off the handset. This secret project was revealed at the launch event of the Lumia 610 smartphone.
There are no details about when the smartphones based on this technology will be made commercially available. He mentioned that it will be used on the future Lumia smartphones based on Windows Phone OS and on PureView handsets based on Symbian.
The concept of waterproofing the devices is to makes them completely water resistant. Nokia is not working an all new concept. The Samsung Galaxy S3 has been rumored to have the waterproof special coating. Hope, these devices are made commercially available soon.
Do you like to own a waterproof handset? When do you think these handsets will be launched? Please share your thoughts with us through the comments section below.