TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Nokia is working on a new range of Lumia and PureView series phones. The brand is currently working on the implementation of the Superhydrophobic technology on these handsets. This is a waterproof technology that will repel water and safeguard the smartphones.
The use of this technology will make the future Lumia and PureView handsets waterproof. Making the devices waterproof will not only let the users to use the devices during rain but will also enhance their life.
The Vice President of Nokia Western Europe, Conor Pierce said that the Superhydrophobic technology will make the water bounce, stop it and roll it off the handset. This secret project was revealed at the launch event of the Lumia 610 smartphone.
There are no details about when the smartphones based on this technology will be made commercially available. He mentioned that it will be used on the future Lumia smartphones based on Windows Phone OS and on PureView handsets based on Symbian.
The concept of waterproofing the devices is to makes them completely water resistant. Nokia is not working an all new concept. The Samsung Galaxy S3 has been rumored to have the waterproof special coating. Hope, these devices are made commercially available soon.
Do you like to own a waterproof handset? When do you think these handsets will be launched? Please share your thoughts with us through the comments section below.