TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Pulwama Attack — All-Party Meet Begins; Rajnath To Brief Opposition
- 2019 Honda Civic Review — Has The Magic Returned?
- India Vs Australia ODI — Rahul Returns To India Squad; Karthik & Jadeja Miss Out
- Gully Boy Friday Second Day Box Office Collection!
- Mi Pay Standalone App Arrives With MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM: Reports
- It Maybe Time For These Beaten Down Stocks To Rally
- Latent Autoimmune Diabetes In Adults
- To The Amazing Town Of Morbi In Gujarat
Nokia Lumia smartphones are all ready to get Wi-Fi tethering feature. This can be done through an update. The existing Lumia 710 and Lumia 800 smartphones will get this soon. The upcoming Lumia 900 and Lumia 610 devices that run the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango platform will have this feature right from their release.
Microsoft introduced the Wi-Fi tethering feature with the WP 7.5 Mango update. But Nokia did not use this in the Lumia 710 and 800 devices. Nokia is now reported to be working closely with mobile operators to launch this update.
Wi-Fi tethering is widely known as the modern day mobile operating system feature. The popular operating systems like Android and iOS already have this on board since last year. Microsoft has now come forward to catch up with them. For this reason it has implemented this feature in the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango operating system.
The mobile operators have prevented Nokia from having this on the Lumia devices. However, now the new firmware update that is scheduled to arrive soon will change this situation.