TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Nokia, the Finnish handset manufacturer has partnered with The Peninsula Studios and with Universal Music and has unveiled the Nokia Music Theatre that will offer a platform for nurturing and discovering the hidden music talent in the budding artists in India.
As an initiative, Nokia India made a pilot project in Rajastan and has selected about 17 artists from the small towns and villages. It offers them the platform to express their talent by performing Asha- the discovery of Peninsula, a music album.
Universal Music was partnered to launch the music album. This album can be downloaded for the Nokia mobile phones. Nokia is in fact a largest repository of both digital and legal Indian music that is available through the Nokia Music Store. It has also built a strong music connect with the people of India, claims Viral Oza, the Nokia India Marketing Director.
He also added that India is a key market for the music portfolio of the company and the initiative taken now is an aim to discover the musical talent that is hidden at the grass root and nurture it by providing a platform to showcase it.
As of now, the financial details of this partnership is not yet disclosed. Oza said that the intention is mainly to bring the talent to the forefront. The next stop of the platform will be in Uttar Pradesh to find the talent.