TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
A new technology is being developed which recognizes criminals even after they have undergone plastic surgery. Yes, a new facial feature recognition software which is developed by scientistes at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana captures the exact face of the criminals and reports them.
This software is sure to be a boon for the police departments across the world as hardcore criminals who have gone under the knife to avoid capture can be easily traced and booked for crime.
This software works on the principle of individual facial feature recognition which detects all the features of the face such as ears, nose, texture of the eyebrows and gives a virtual representation of the original face before plastic surgery. This technology also matches various facial features which are present in the database and looks for a match, this is one of the advanced facial searches. This search mechanism can be set according to the user preference as well.
In addition to this, the best match mechanism is also employed here.
According to scientists, even after undergoing plastic surgery, most of the facial features remain the same which can be identified easily by the software system. The matching is done on the basis of nose and eyes more than any other facial feature and accurate results were obtained.
A target picture of the suspect is first studied(analyzed) and a secondary picture is created based on the facial features of the suspects in the database. If thsese pictures match closely then a successful match occurs. If the initial picture and the secondary pictures donot match, then an unsuccessful event occures.
This software system works over multiple suspect pictures as well. When the facial features of multiple suspects are matched a high success rate was observed as well. Thus, this novel initiative is all set to create a new revolution across the world.