TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Mobile Phones & their associated technologies have various benefits. One such benefit is the “Science on Mobile Phones” campaign that is launched all over India in collaboration with Prasar Bharathi & IGNOU. This also brings your science textbooks directly to your mobile phone screens.
Prasar Bharathi & I.G.N.O.U have jointly launched an application called “Science @ Mobile” as part of the campaign. Through this, you get all science & related content on your cellphones. One of the various intriguing features of this application is that you get information which is grouped & categorized systematically.
The information is grouped into three categories & caters to people with/without science backgrounds. Students are also set to be benefited immensely through this programme. You can subscribe to this service by sending “SCIMBL” to 092230516161 from your cellphones or you could also subscribe online through the Vigyan Prasar website.
You can receive science info in English as of now, but plans are in the pipeline to provide the info in Hindi as well. The Science@Mobile initiative is brought out as a part of National Science Day. This service is absolutely free of cost & is expected to serve as a boon for the people in rural areas.
Do reply with your opinion in our comment section below.