TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Mobile Phones & their associated technologies have various benefits. One such benefit is the “Science on Mobile Phones” campaign that is launched all over India in collaboration with Prasar Bharathi & IGNOU. This also brings your science textbooks directly to your mobile phone screens.
Prasar Bharathi & I.G.N.O.U have jointly launched an application called “Science @ Mobile” as part of the campaign. Through this, you get all science & related content on your cellphones. One of the various intriguing features of this application is that you get information which is grouped & categorized systematically.
The information is grouped into three categories & caters to people with/without science backgrounds. Students are also set to be benefited immensely through this programme. You can subscribe to this service by sending “SCIMBL” to 092230516161 from your cellphones or you could also subscribe online through the Vigyan Prasar website.
You can receive science info in English as of now, but plans are in the pipeline to provide the info in Hindi as well. The Science@Mobile initiative is brought out as a part of National Science Day. This service is absolutely free of cost & is expected to serve as a boon for the people in rural areas.
Do reply with your opinion in our comment section below.