TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
An all new digital novel now offers 11 endings ranging from happy ever after to the filmy styled one that can be determined by the readers as per their mood and taste.
Caroline Smailes, the author has come up with this new digital novel that can overturn centuries of the literary tradition by letting the readers to select the way they want the story to end.
99 Reasons Why, is a book with 99 chapters of family drama that is regarding obsession. This novel offers 11 possible endings and the conclusion will depend on the taste and mood of the reader and also on their answers to the multiple choice questions based on objects, numbers and colors.
This idea has come to her as she heard some readers wished to have different endings on the two earlier books that she wrote. They felt that she had made a less gloomy solution for the books. Hence she decided to make all the readers contents with the endings differing as per their choices.
Smailes says that various readers have various reactions, feelings and interpretations on the story and they can choose ending depending on it. This way, the reader takes the responsibility for his/her solution.
Scott Pack, her publisher says that the recent advancements in e-book software has made this kind of interaction possible. He also added that he has not seen anyone doing this digitally. There is lot of technological freedom out there and we like to exploit it, he says.
The story deals with a housebound woman who spied the outside world through her bedroom window while her family is involved in criminal activities.
The readers who have a Kindle or similar device will answer simple questions as per the interpretations of the various characters and the combination of this will determine the solution. Once they reread the novel, they will get a different ending and they can also get to know all the 11 solutions be answering the questions differently each time.