TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Interaction With TN Students: Rahul Didn’t Violate Poll Code Says EC
- IPL 2019: Chennai Super Kings: Experience, Power, Emotion Drive The Champions
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS Becomes Fastest Car At BIC
- Apple Introduces AirPods 2 With Wireless Charging Case For Rs 18,900
- Trump Says Tariffs On China To Remain For A 'Substantial Period'
- Has Fame & Success Gone To Vicky Kaushal's Head?
- When A Baby Split Into Two!
- Food Tour In North India
Oscar voting goes electronic
The Oscar awards which is eagerly awaited every year by the audience as well as the professionals across the world will now award the winners in just a click.
On Wednesday, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced about the new partnership with a company that will develop a new voting system based on electronics for the next year that is the 85th annual Academy Awards.
The Motion Picture Academy says that the agreement with its new partner, Everyone Counts Inc states to work with Pricewaterhouse Coopers in order to create this new system.
Previously, the voting involved paper ballots that will then be sent through mail. The chief operating officer of the Academy, Ric Robertson said that this is the first step that is taken by Academy to develop a secure as well as convenient electronic voting system.
This year, which is the 84th annual Academy awards are scheduled to happen on February 26th 2012.