TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Earthquake Of Magnitude 4.0 Hits In UP's Muzaffarnagar District; Tremors Felt In Delhi-NCR
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Airtel Tops 4g Download Speed; Jio Offers Best Consistent Quality
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Airbus A380 To Be Discontinued In 2021
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
- 10 Pointers To Note To Successfully Claim Tax Exemption On HRA
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
Outage: Google Talk down for 5 hours
Google Talk, the popular chat service suffered a major outage on Thursday. The reason for the outage has not been ascertained yet, but the service was restored after almost 5 hours. Google had been updating its users about the steps it was taking to get a grip on the situation.
The series of updates started from 4:10 PM and lasted till 8:55 PM (IST). The search engine giant informed the users that it was investigating on the issue. Before the final update, the situation went up and it was alright.
The instant messages seemed to go back and forth very slowly. The chats were delivered to the contacts, but the users were receiving messages stating the contact did not get the chat.
The outage was known to exist when users found that they were not able to send messages to others who are online. Tweets followed confirmed that the issue was global. Twitter was filled with messages like “#Gchat is down, #Twitter confirms it”, “Grr argh #gchat is broken” and so on.
Did you experience the outage? Tell us in the comments section below.