TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Qualcomm which is a known name when it comes to Chipset manufacturing today announced its Qualcomm Snapdragon X24 LTE modem. The Snapdragon X24 LTE modem is world's first announced category 20 LTE modem which supports upto 2GBps (Gigabytes per second) and is the first announced chip bult on 7 Nanometer FinFET process.
The Qualcom Snapdragon X24 LTE modem is the company's eighth generation LTE multimode modem and third generation Gigabit LTE solutio. The chipset includes advanced cellular features compared to any commercially available 4G LTE modem to date. This strengthens the LTE foundation for future 5G multimode devices and networks. Qualcomm has further confirmed that the Snapdragon X24 LTE modem would be demonstrated at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) tech show along with the Ericsson, Telstra and Netgear.
As per Qualcomm the Snapdragon X24 LTE modem provides a speed which is double than the company's first Generation Gigabit LTE modem. The Snapdragon X24 supports up to 7x carrier aggregation in the downlink. The chipset further expands the use of 4x4 MIMO on up to five carriers.
On Qualcomm's blog post company official commented that "With the Snapdragon X24 LTE modem's fiber-like Internet speeds delivered wirelessly, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can offer consumers incredible mobile experiences such as immersive 360-degree video, connected cloud computing, rich entertainment and instant apps. At the same time, operators can gain flexibility in using their spectrum assets to offer blazing fast speeds to consumers, while also improving their network capacity and maximizing spectral efficiency.
The X24 LTE modem allows smartphones to utilize all spectrum assets which are available from a mobile operator, whether in the licensed spectrum or with License Assisted Access (LAA). Some system capacity improvements are made possible with the support of Full Dimension Multi-Input Multi-Output (FD-MIMO), a Massive MIMO technology that that would be the foundation