TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Earthquake Of Magnitude 4.0 Hits In UP's Muzaffarnagar District; Tremors Felt In Delhi-NCR
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Airtel Tops 4g Download Speed; Jio Offers Best Consistent Quality
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Airbus A380 To Be Discontinued In 2021
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
- 10 Pointers To Note To Successfully Claim Tax Exemption On HRA
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
RIM to launch 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook on 31 July
RIM launched the Wi-Fi version of BlackBerry PlayBook tablet in 2011. Initially, the tablet failed to attract the consumers. Later, RIM slashed the price of the 16 GB version from Rs 27,990 to Rs 13,490. With this price cut, the sales of the device showed a positive trend.
Now, it seems like RIM is ready with the 4G LTE version of the PlayBook. As per the reports, 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook will be launched in Canada on July 31 through the popular operator, Bell. The information is obtained from an internal Bell document. The document hints that the 4G LTE PlayBook tablet will have a price tag of $549.95 (Rs 30,990 approximately).
4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook sports a 7 inch display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. It is powered by a dual core 1.5 GHz processor and 1 GB RAM. It has a 5 MP rear camera and a 3 MP front facing camera. The tablet is equipped with a 4800 mAh battery. The original BlackBerry PlayBook came in three variants such as 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. But, the 4G LTE version is rumored to come only in 32 GB.
India is one of the key markets for RIM and its Playbook tablet. It is expected that RIM will launch the 4G version of the tablet in the Indian market in near future.