TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
A few days ago, RIM slashed the prices of some of the BlackBerry smartphones in India. The list includes Curve 9360, Curve 9380, Curve 8520 and Torch 9860. The company offered a price reduction of 18% to 26% on the models. This was an attempt to attract the consumers and surpass Android in the country.
Those consumers who have not jumped on to the BlackBerry bandwagon should wait longer. RIM seems to reduce the costs of the handsets further. Last month, the prices were reduced to make the company attract the youth of the country.
Sunil Dutt, the MD of RIM, India has stated that the further price reduction of the smartphones add to the earlier ones. The main aim of this is to reach out to the broader range of consumers and to make the devices cheap for the enterprise customers as well as consumer segment.
This is a beneficial step for the company as it is good to have more handsets in the price range of below Rs 10,000. Currently, the company has only one handset in this range, Curve 8520. RIM is in a position to price the handsets as per this requirement to strengthen itself in the market with high competition.
Many other rivals have their products in this range. Samsung has six handsets in this range, Micromax, Lava and Karbonn have a wide variety of smartphones in the below Rs 10,000 price range.