TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Nissan has now announced the world's first of its kind iPhone case that is self-healing. This case is claimed to repair itself quickly when it is scratched. This was developed by the collaboration of the car manufacturer, Nissan, Advanced Softmaterials Inc and the University of Tokyo. Nissan initially developed the Scratch Shield that is self-healing for its cards and it is made effective use of this in the smartphone segment too.
Bob Laishley of Nissan said that the company thinks laterally by taking the great innovations that were obtained in the automotive industry to the other segments to improve the everyday issues. The Scratch Shield case for iPhone is a great example of the industry extending the automotive technology to the other fields.
Once the product gains more accolades from the consumers, its boundaries will be shifted enabling it to be applied to the other daily use products. The self-healing paint comprises of polyrotaxane which is a chemical that is capable of getting back to the original shape once a damage happens to it.
Nissan however doesn't say to what extent it will work but the small blemishes and scratches will surely be an issue in the past. A batch of prototype cases have been produced to undergo testing and once they pass the test, the product will be into production by the end of 2012. The price of the product is still not announced.
The company claims that the small damages will be healed within an hour and the major ones will take up to a week to get healed. Apart from the self-healing concept, the case for iPhone 4 and 4S has a gel-like feeling to offer a more secure fit when held and it is made of ABS plastic that is a high grade material used widely in the motor industry.