- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Bhuvneshwar goes off injured and replacement Shankar strikes first ball
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Self-healing case for iPhone from Nissan
Nissan has now announced the world's first of its kind iPhone case that is self-healing. This case is claimed to repair itself quickly when it is scratched. This was developed by the collaboration of the car manufacturer, Nissan, Advanced Softmaterials Inc and the University of Tokyo. Nissan initially developed the Scratch Shield that is self-healing for its cards and it is made effective use of this in the smartphone segment too.
Bob Laishley of Nissan said that the company thinks laterally by taking the great innovations that were obtained in the automotive industry to the other segments to improve the everyday issues. The Scratch Shield case for iPhone is a great example of the industry extending the automotive technology to the other fields.
Once the product gains more accolades from the consumers, its boundaries will be shifted enabling it to be applied to the other daily use products. The self-healing paint comprises of polyrotaxane which is a chemical that is capable of getting back to the original shape once a damage happens to it.
Nissan however doesn't say to what extent it will work but the small blemishes and scratches will surely be an issue in the past. A batch of prototype cases have been produced to undergo testing and once they pass the test, the product will be into production by the end of 2012. The price of the product is still not announced.
The company claims that the small damages will be healed within an hour and the major ones will take up to a week to get healed. Apart from the self-healing concept, the case for iPhone 4 and 4S has a gel-like feeling to offer a more secure fit when held and it is made of ABS plastic that is a high grade material used widely in the motor industry.