TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
SICT is an Indian mobile phone manufacturer that is currently making feature phones. It is a new brand in the market that started selling feature phones only in 2011. The brand is in plans to enter the tablet and smartphone market by September 2012.
The chief operating officer of SICT, Ashwini Kumar told that SICT is planning to launch a range of Android based phones and tablets in India in near future. Initially, the brand will launch three models. He added that they are expecting a good response for these new devices.
The upcoming smartphone and tablet will be based on the Android 4.0 ICS operating system. The testing for both the Android ICS devices are done. The prices of the new devices are yet to be finalized. Once they are done with the pricing, the gadgets will be launched.
The Android tablet will have the 3G SIM support. Almost all the Indian brands like Lava, Karbonn, Micromax, Spice and iBall have their own portfolio of Android devices. As all these brands claim that they have achieved good response, SICT has also jumped to the Android wagon.
It will definitely be a great challenge for SICT has there are many homegrown manufacturers involved in making low cost Android phones and tablets. They might have to bring in something different to attract the consumers.