- 2 min ago Redmi K20 Pro Is World’s Fastest Phone – Official Teaser Ahead Of India Launch
- 9 min ago NASA Astronaut Chronicles Southern Lights From ISS
- 28 min ago Android Q Developer Preview 2 Update Now Available For OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T
- 57 min ago Alleged Realme 4 Retail Package Surface Online: Looks Fishy Though
- News US' F-35 bait to convince India against buying S-400: Will it work?
- Movies Maharshi AP/ TS Box Office Collections Day 39: Another Good Sunday For Mahesh Babu's Movie
- Finance Shriram Transport Nosedives After Reports Of Piramal Selling Stake
- Sports Cavani: Uruguay ready to fight for Copa America glory
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Smartphone to sense depression
Mobilyze is a new project that is under development by the researchers of Northwestern University. This will create a therapist virtually to monitor the activity of the person and conduct mood assessment.
They are developing different algorithms to different users in order to determine their specific states. These will find out the location of the person, the activity, his/her social context, what he\she is doing currently and also their mood to find if they are depressed or normal.
If the smartphone concludes the person to be depressed, then it will let them intimate their family members and friends. It will send them automated text messages or phone call suggesting the person to call someone or go out somewhere.
Mobilyze will use the sensors that are embedded on the smartphone like accelerometers, Bluetooth, GPS and Wi-Fi. The ultimate idea is to detect the users' mood and help the users to come out of depression without ignoring the symptoms.
This is already tested on eight patients and the researchers claim that it has helped them to ease their depression. These patients said that they were having serious disorder at the beginning and now they are better after the treatment.