TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
Have you seen someone zipping past with their vehicle? Now, you can know all their personal details which can later lead to something more through a SMS or simple web search. It is the era in which we are all very much concerned regarding our privacy but there is a service that will provide the personal details of the vehicle owner through SMS.
All one has to do is send an SMS in the following format: VAHAN [space] [registration number of vehicle without any space] to +91 9212357123 or 09212357123. The response will include the following details:
- Place of registration
- Owner's name
- Make of vehicle
- Type of vehicle
- Expiry date of registration and fitness certificate
- Bank/Institution that financed the car
- Tax details
This service will be very useful in cases like road accidents and rash driving issues and also before buying second hand vehicles and also other investigation and law enforcement purposes. But offering such information will threaten the privacy of the owners especially the women.
Those with the male fide intention can use this to know the details that is difficult otherwise. After coming to know the name, they can look up in social networks for other details. This SMS service is not the only one and there are other online search services based on the registration number on the official transport department websites in many states.
Some of these services require details like engine or chassis number before revealing the search results but some of them blow out all the cache without any requirements. Here is a list of vehicle information search services in various states of India.
- vahan.nic.in (National)
- delhiveh.nic.in (Delhi)
- jalandhar.gov.in (Punjab)
- sangrur.gov.in (Punjab)
- goatransport.com (Goa)
- 22.214.171.124 (Andhra Pradesh)
- keralamvd.gov.in (Kerala)
- cidwestbengal.gov.in (West Bengal)
The use of this kind of services by the police in Delhi and Bangalore is very helpful but letting anyone to access the information of individuals must be looked upon seriously. The individuals trust the government bodies as there is no other choice and so the government must add barriers in order to allow only justifiable requests to access the private data of owners.