- 53 min ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 59 min ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy S10 series get improved camera features via new update
- 1 hr ago Edimax unveils Accurate locating systems for your indoors in India
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Border picks Kohli, Morgan, Finch as three skippers to watch out for in WC
- News Jaganmohan Reddy to meet Modi tomorrow
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Movies Salman Khan's Hilarious Reply When Katrina Kaif Asked Him Why He Doesn't Follow Her On Instagram!
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tech predictions for 2019 from Dell: AR/VR will bring more creativity to the workplace
AI is also expected to play an important role in the tech-segment
The year 2018 is almost at the brim, and there have been a lot of predictions about the major changes that might happen in the tech-industry. The year 2019 is also the year, where 5G will finally be a reality, which promises to offer never-seen-before internet speeds and a ton of other applications from Agriculture to IoT.
Dell India's General Manager, Client Solutions Group Indrajit Belgundi has shared his thoughts on the tech predictions of 2019, which are likely to change the way we work and interact with machines. He has shared his ideology on how AI in collaboration with AR/VR will play a pivotal role in 2019, especially in workforce transformation.
We are living in times which are defined by dramatic progress in work and life. How people live their lives and do their jobs is becoming indistinguishable. Enterprises wish to support their workforce with capabilities and exhilarating work experiences that 'they’ want, and literally transform the way they work. This could be at a physical environment or one which is virtual. Technology is becoming a key enabler for current and future workforces whether they are geographically and culturally distributed or going beyond language barriers where the power of AI delivers performance; to using augmented reality that helps in creativity at work.
AR/VR will bring more on-site learning and creativity to the workplace
Leaps in Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) have been made over the course of 2018 to create more immersive, enhanced visual experiences – and as a result, we’ll see increased adoption in the workplace during 2019. On-site training opportunities and the ability to access data in real-time at the edge will not only fill a skills gap across certain trades and industries, but also give the workforce even more freedom to do their best work untethered from the workplace. Further, employees will be able to collaborate and create in real-time through AR and VR experiences – bringing everyone into one virtual environment as if they’re all physically working together.
Collaboration will break out from the meeting invite
While the notion of working from 9-5 has long evaporated in a world where connectivity and productivity are possible from even the most remote locations, the calendar invite still rules where and when we get together. But that’s all changing as we have the ability to quickly grab a colleague based overseas through new collaboration tools that allow us to make video calls and share files in real time. 2019 will advance collaboration as more enterprises adopt web-based collaboration tools, and device technologies takes advantage of advances in wi-fi connectivity and compute power to get more done, better, faster – together.