TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
The growth of the wireless devices and the demand for the mobility with the fierce competition is creating a huge demand for the smartphones and also cutting down their prices significantly. At the Thailand Mobile Expo 2012 which is running from 26th to 29th of this month at Bangkok, the prices of the tablets and smartphones are reduced by about 20% on a minimum and the credit goes to the competition amongst the international handset manufacturers.
The new smartphones are priced too low for the first time ever at 4,000 baht and the same thing applies to the tablets that are priced at 10,000 baht. The Android powered smartphones are expected to create a tough competition this year reaching an overall sales of 6 to 8 million units, claims that managing director, Opas Cherdpunt of M. Vision Co. Ltd. which is organizing the event.
ZTE and WellCom, the Asian mobile phones manufacturers are introducing their latest Android powered smartphones around 3,990 baht which is lesser than 4,500 baht of last year. Even bug players like Motorola and Sony have reduced their handset prices to 6,000 baht and 15,900 baht.
The tablet manufacturers are no different and they have reduced their prices to about 9,900 baht in order to boost the sales. The Chinese brand names have reduced the prices to about 5,000 baht. The tablet sales also is expected to increase to about 1.4 billion baht this year which accounts to 5% from 2011.