TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Election Updates: After 24 Years, Mulayam, Mayawati To Share Dais In UP's Mainpuri
- Loyalty matters most, says Kohli
- Tata Nexon Hybrid Or Tata Nexon EV? — Oh Blur! We’re confused!
- Katrina Called Up Varun Before Exiting From Street Dancer!
- How To View Saved Passwords On Chrome For Android?
- Gold Prices in India Stands Still Amidst Muted Demand
- Tara Sutaria Wows In Printed Separates
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Thick and heavy new iPad
Apple's new iPad that was launched yesterday is thicker and heavier than the older version as it has a bigger and a more powerful battery. Despite of the presence of a bigger battery, the battery life is the same 10 hours. The reason behind this is that the screen resolution which is quadrupled requires more power.
Apple unveiled the device yesterday at the special media event in San Francisco. The new iPad is 9.4 mm or 0.37 inches thick that is thicker than iPad 2 which is 8.8 mm or 0.34 inches only. Even the weight is increased a bit from 1.33 pounds to 1.44 pounds and this is only for the Wi-Fi models. The models that have modems for the cellular data access will be still more heavy.
As far as the weight is concerned, the new iPad falls between the original version of the tablet and the iPad 2. However, this is reasonably thinner than the original iPad that was almost 0.5 inch thick. The battery capacity of the new iPad is about 70% more than that of iPad 2. This new model will be available from March 16th.