TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Tips to improve your wireless connection
Nowadays, all of us use wireless technology. Wireless technology eliminates the use of long cables that we used for establishing connections. This technology is advancing with each passing day as there are various innovations that make the technology better day by day. Since wireless technology is used in almost all walks of life, we give you 5 important tips following which you can improve your wireless connectivity.
Positioning of routers: A wireless signal doesn't travel far. Any obstacles in its path will lead to breakdown of signal. Place the wireless router on a flat surface off the floor and far away from any potential obstacles. For best results, place the router in a central location in your home.
Replace the antenna: The antennas that you get along with the routers are small and omni-directional. Their range is short. Using a “Directional Antenna” will help in broadcasting the signal in a specific direction This will be helpful when you require the wireless signal in a certain direction.
Go in for a repeater: A wireless repeater is the safest way to boost signals. The repeater relays an existing signal. It doesn't require additional connections If you have multiple networks, it is going to be easy for you if you are setting up a business network.
Make an antenna booster at home: You can easily make a homemade antenna or reflector. This improves the wireless signal. By using easily available materials such as cardboard and foil, you can make an antenna at the comfort of your home. A parabolically designed antenna increases the range and correctly directs the signal.
Upgrade router firmware on a regular basis: By upgrading your router firmware regularly, you can boost its performance. Upgradation will also give access to many new features. You can also install third-party firmware other than the supplied router manufacturer firmware.
Thus, remember and use these tips, with these, you will get the maximum performance out of your wireless network and gadgets connected to them.