TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New Record — IAF Airlifts 463 Tonnes In Just 6 Hours, In Ladakh
- IPL Auction 2019 — Everything You Need To Know
- Citibank Offers 71 litres Of Diesel/ Petrol Per Year, In A Tie-Up With Indian Oil
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Flipkart Christmas Discount — Samsung And Nokia Smartphones Get Huge Price Cuts
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Deepika Padukone Or Kriti Kharbanda — Who Looked More Fabulous In This Saree?
Nowadays, all of us use wireless technology. Wireless technology eliminates the use of long cables that we used for establishing connections. This technology is advancing with each passing day as there are various innovations that make the technology better day by day. Since wireless technology is used in almost all walks of life, we give you 5 important tips following which you can improve your wireless connectivity.
Positioning of routers: A wireless signal doesn't travel far. Any obstacles in its path will lead to breakdown of signal. Place the wireless router on a flat surface off the floor and far away from any potential obstacles. For best results, place the router in a central location in your home.
Replace the antenna: The antennas that you get along with the routers are small and omni-directional. Their range is short. Using a “Directional Antenna” will help in broadcasting the signal in a specific direction This will be helpful when you require the wireless signal in a certain direction.
Go in for a repeater: A wireless repeater is the safest way to boost signals. The repeater relays an existing signal. It doesn't require additional connections If you have multiple networks, it is going to be easy for you if you are setting up a business network.
Make an antenna booster at home: You can easily make a homemade antenna or reflector. This improves the wireless signal. By using easily available materials such as cardboard and foil, you can make an antenna at the comfort of your home. A parabolically designed antenna increases the range and correctly directs the signal.
Upgrade router firmware on a regular basis: By upgrading your router firmware regularly, you can boost its performance. Upgradation will also give access to many new features. You can also install third-party firmware other than the supplied router manufacturer firmware.
Thus, remember and use these tips, with these, you will get the maximum performance out of your wireless network and gadgets connected to them.