TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
Touchscreen that works from inside your pocket
Researchers have created a new prototype of touchscreen that allows the users to send text messages while the device is in the pant or jacket pocket. This stealthy screen will work while it is touched by the fabric irrespective of the material thereby enabling users can touch it using thick fleece, cotton or even silk.
In future, when you are in a class or meeting, you can have your hands under a table or desk and fingertip messages on the pocket to send the message. The touch screen will comprehend your message and it is programmed to decode the handwriting of the scrawling sort also.
So while a person is writing on the pocket, he can also contact the group in front of him. This technology is known as PocketTouch and it is the brainchild of the Microsoft researchers Hivoje Benko and Scott Saponas with Chrsh Harrison, a Carnegie Mellon University's PhD student.
This prototype makes use of sensors that are similar to the ones used in the touchscreens and it is mounted on the rear of the smartphone case. This technology will be useful in many situations and is an easy way to send short SMS when it is not appropriate to use the device.
People in many situations might feel uncomfortable to use their device in front of others. This is different from the others as the other touch screens react to the direct touch of the finger and reject the different signals.