TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
TRAI orders Mobile Operators to Disconnect All Subscribers from Loop
The mobile operators including Airtel, Vodafone and TTSL have been directed by TRAI to disconnect all those mobile numbers which got transferred from Loop telecom through the MNP services within 48 hours.
This direction was sent to other operators too like Reliance and Aircel. TRAI has also asked these operators to submit compliance reports showing the status of disconnections within 15 days.
This move from TRAI is based on a complaint from Loop Telecom alleging illegal porting of unused numbers from its network to other operator’s networks. Loop commented that around 5923 numbers were ported which were not activated in their network for subscriber usage and they suspect some fraudulent activity behind the porting of these numbers.
However, Airtel has termed these allegations baseless and confirmed that they stick to the MNP guidelines set by DOT/TRAI. They also clarified that all MNP requests are processed and cleared by MNP service provider. However they informed that all those numbers which were insisted by TRAI have been disconnected and compliance reports have been sent to the authorities.