TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Alibaba-owned UCWeb has announced its new version of its popular browser in India which the company calls it -- UC Browser 12.0 which allow 50 percent less data consumption and zero buffers time lag.
"UCWeb has always been dedicated to making content easily accessible for users, even when they are in limited bandwidth area. With evolving user demands, we are also upgrading our technology. Our data compression technology now provides a 'No buffering' video watching experience. Our vision of "Content for everyone, Every Content for One" is making content accessible for users regardless of network infrastructure and mobile hardware type while also personalizing and customizing the content as per user's preference,"Shallia Li, Head of UC Browser (International Business Department) at Alibaba Mobile Business Group said.
Through UC Browser 12.0 users can save over 50 percent internet data while watching videos, which can play without buffering and can be watched while it is downloading. There are automatic switch definition and a video preview feature as well. The new version guarantees better viewing experience for lower-end phones. It optimizes video loading and downloading of top sites and pre-loading of video information flow. With the addition of the Smart Weather and Smart Zodiac Signs feature, browsing is now more personalized.
As per the report from StatCounter, UC Browser has managed to gather a market share of over 43 percent and due to which the app has become the sixth-most downloaded app in India.
Content consumption on UC Browser has been on a steady rise. The browser has witnessed 50 percent growth in page views on UC Browser' news feed from 2nd Quarter to 4th Quarter in 2017 in both India and Indonesia markets.
Meanwhile, the browser now claims over 130 million monthly active users in India.