TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is an initiative of the Indian Government that runs a project called Aadhar provides each and every citizen a unique identification number of 12 digits. This number will be the proof of recognition in case of identity and address. Inspite of receiving lot of criticism, it is sailing smoothly under the leadership of Mr. Nandan Nilekani, the former CEO of Infosys.
There is some interesting information about the data center of UIDAI. It has the world's largest identification system based on biometrics. The data center is located in East Bangalore near Whitefield suburbs. It has over hundreds of server racks and the entire area is secured digitally and phyisically. There is no sign in the building and it does not permit any visitors.
The maintenance of the data center is definitely a huge challenge for the authorities of UIDAI. If they have any errors or downtime, then it is going to affect the 180 million citizens who have registered themselves for the Aadhar card.