TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is an initiative of the Indian Government that runs a project called Aadhar provides each and every citizen a unique identification number of 12 digits. This number will be the proof of recognition in case of identity and address. Inspite of receiving lot of criticism, it is sailing smoothly under the leadership of Mr. Nandan Nilekani, the former CEO of Infosys.
There is some interesting information about the data center of UIDAI. It has the world's largest identification system based on biometrics. The data center is located in East Bangalore near Whitefield suburbs. It has over hundreds of server racks and the entire area is secured digitally and phyisically. There is no sign in the building and it does not permit any visitors.
The maintenance of the data center is definitely a huge challenge for the authorities of UIDAI. If they have any errors or downtime, then it is going to affect the 180 million citizens who have registered themselves for the Aadhar card.