TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Olympic Body Punishes India For Declining Visas To Pakistan Team After Pulwama
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Rs 1.40 Lakh Phone priced
- Europa League — Arsenal 3 BATE 0 3-1 Agg: Emery's Men Ease Through
- Maruti Wagon R Electric Price Expectations — Most-Affordable EV At The Time Of Launch
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- DeepVeer’s Glamorous Entry At Femina Beauty Awards
- Plan Your Next Getaway To Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
- 'I Love You' Is Hard For These Zodiacs
Videocon to offer free 1GB mobile data to women subscribers
Videocon Telecom today announced to offer free 1 GB mobile data to all its new women subscribers. Under this initiative, the company will provide 1 GB free data that will be available as 100 MB per month for 10 months to all female subscribers who will take a new connection.
The offer would be in addition to other data benefits provided to the new subscribers. "We are pleased to announce two more initiatives under the Prime Minister's 'Digital India' vision.
The first initiative for female subscribers is not only limited to digital connect, but it also supports women empowerment," Videocon Telecommunications Director and CEO Arvind Bali said here.
The company hopes to increase the data penetration among female subscribers with this initiative as the percentage of data users among females is slightly less than males, Videocon said. Under the second initiative, unlimited access will be given to all its subscribers to government's national web portal, the company said.
Both the benefits will be available to subscribers from July 16. The company will also be providing a helpline for first time data users to know Internet and data usage on mobile phones.
In support to the 'Digital India' initiative, Videocon had also announced 750 MB of free data for all non-data users, earlier this month.