TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
The voice assistant software of Apple, Siri is present on the Apple iPhone 4S exclusively. Have you ever wondered what is the reason behind this name? If yes, we have the answer for it. The origin of Siri is traced to Norway.
A Norwegian names Dag Kittlaus is behind the feature. He is the co-founder of the company that released the voice assistant feature and placed it in the App Store. Steve Jobs liked Dag's work and bought the company for $200 million. This price is a rumored figure and the exact one is not known.
Interestingly, Steve Jobs was not happy with Siri's name (maybe because it did not start with 'i'). However, the name of this feature could not be changed as he could not find a better alternative. These were the details revealed by Dag during the speech given by him early this week.
Dag also stated the reason for the name Siri. He had worked with a woman named Siri in Norway. He liked the name so much that he wanted to name this software so. He explained that consumer companies much focus on names and they should be easy to spell and say.
Siri can be translated as beautiful victorious counselor. This company was acquired by Apple in 2010 and Dag became the head of the speech recognition team of Apple. However, he has resigned Apple soon as the iPhone 4S was announced.