- News JOSAA 2019: IIT admission, registration, seat allotment full schedule
- Finance Facebook's Likely Introduction Of Crypto Pushes Bitcoin Price Above $9000
- Sports Woodland wins U.S. Open for maiden major after denying Koepka hat-trick
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Windows 8: New ways to manage Wi-Fi and Broadband
Windows 8, the new mobile platform of Microsoft is extending its hands into new territories. The latest one merging mobile networking concept with the PC computing. The operating system is engineered to work both in wireless and mobile implementing some advancements in both software and hardware.
The wireless connectivity is a great step in the mobility and the Windows 8 has taken this still more further with developed and integrated mobile broadband. This concept was initially introduced in Windows 7 but the connection to it was not quite easy. But the recent version attempts to integrate this functionality to it without any special applications or device drivers.
The platform identifies the subscriber information and looks up for the mobile operator in the new APN database. The subscriber can then connect to the network of the operator and the main thing is there will be no interference to the core connection experience of the user.
If the platform encounters a Wi-Fi connection, then it will disable the mobile broadband and connect to the Wi-Fi thereby avoiding the wastage of data. It maintains a list of preferred Wi-Fi connections as per the preference of the users. But still if the user disconnects manually from a network, Windows will not connect to it automatically.
It performs a faster reconnect with the Wi-Fi connections collecting all the information before resuming the PC. It takes only a second to connect to internet. Users can also choose to buy a mobile data plan.