TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Microsoft is working hard on the next major version of the mobile operating system. The new version, Windows Phone 8 Apollo is the successor of Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. The Mango platform is available currently.
MSNerd, a reliable source for the Microsoft updates has posted that the company is currently working on a subset of WP8. This version will be released for the existing Windows Phone powered devices.
The WP 7.5 Mango update was released for the WP7 devices. Now its the time for the next one, Apollo to arrive. The WP8 was announced to be released in October this year by Microsoft. There are no details on the hardware requirements of Apollo update.
MSNerd has noted that Microsoft is working on a delivery schedule for WP8 Apollo. It also stated that this delivery schedule is similar to that of WP 7.5 Apollo. Microsoft needs to work closely with the mobile operators of US to test and deliver Apollo on new and existing devices.
Some of the features of WP8 Apollo will be new and exclusive for the new devices having dual core processors. These features will either be locked or disabled for the ones that were meant to work on Mango platform. Currently, it is not clear on when the new operating system will be available for the existing devices.