- 57 min ago Xiaomi Mi Notebook Horizon Edition To Be Powered By 10th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU
- 2 hrs ago Buying Guide: Best Premium Smartphones To Buy In India In June
- 11 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy A31 Vs Other Smartphones Under Rs. 25,000
- 11 hrs ago Xiaomi Redmi 9 Price And Configuration Tipped Via New Leak
- Finance Silver Lake To Invest An Additional Rs 4547 Crores In Jio Platforms
- Movies Bollywood Producer Anil Suri Passes Away Due To COVID-19; Was Denied Bed In Top Hospital
- News UN report on terrorism reiterates what Pak PM publicly 'confessed': India
- Automobiles Ackodrive Moves Its Sales Completely Online Amidst Lockdown
- Lifestyle Arranged Marriage Problems? Here Are Solution To These 7 Issues That You May Face
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
WWDC 2015: 5 Biggest Announcements To Expect From Apple
Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2015 is just a week away. As announced, Apple is holding the WWDC from 8 to 12 June in Moscone West, San Francisco. The WWDC will begin with a keynote and later the company will make major announcements of its products.
Every year Apple introduces new version of iOS on its WWDC, and in WWDC 2014 Apple came up with the wearable gadget called Apple Watch. The WWDC 2015 will also be a promising event for Apple with big announcements including new operating system for iPhone, iPad and Mac, as well as an expansion in Apple's music app and service.
Here are the five big announcements we are excepting at the WWDC 2015.
Revamped Apple TV
Apple sent out WWDC invite with a tagline saying 'The epicenter of change' with a background image featuring a square with rounded corners, which resembles the Apple TV. According to Mac World, Apple TV has a potential to be more than just a stream TV and it is expected that the company might turn the set-top box into a true hub for home.
Apple also added HomeKit support to Apple TV with iOS 8.1, but has not actually announced. With HomeKit hub on Apple TV, it is expected that Siri will play a key role in the refreshed streaming device.
New iOS for iPhone and iPad
For the last seven years, Apple has announced its latest software in WWDC and this year is no different. It is expected that Apple could introduce the next operating system for the iPhone and iPad at the WWDC 2015.
Apple will focus on the stability, bug fixes of the new OS, making it to work with old devices like iPhone 4S. Some big new features could also include in the announcements such as transit route in Apple Maps, dual-app viewing more for iPad, and a new digital assistant interface codenamed as Proactive.
A New Mac OS
Reports are in that Apple might also announce new operating system update for its laptops and desktops. It is expected that Mac OS X 10.11 will be unveiled with major improvements like a new security system called as Rootless. The new security system is also expected in iOS. This new feature will boost security by blocking users access to certain files. Meanwhile, the new Mac OS might get a new font style based on the San Francisco font, which Apple implemented in Apple Watch last year.
Music Subscription Service
According to a report by Wall Street Journal, Apple is expecting to announce a new music subscription service for $10 per month at the WWDC 2015. The service will offer unlimited access to millions of songs. Meanwhile, it is also expected that, Apple might plan to provide its music service on Android devices as well.
iTune Radio with Celebrity DJs
Apple entered the Internet radio streaming service in 2013 with iTunes Radio and now the company is planning to retool the service with celebrity DJs. Apple recently hired BBC radio DJ Zan Lowe to lead up the iTune Radio. It is also expected that Apple is trying to bring in music stars like Drake and Pharell.