TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Xiaomi has already released two batches of the MIUI 9 Developer ROM. Now, as spotted on Weibo, the company has announced the roll out of the third batch of MIUI 9 Developer ROM.
However, this update is only for the China ROM and it is most likely to be the Open Beta. We say this as the closed beta were released to the beta testers a few weeks ago. So talking about the new update, users whose devices are installed with MIUI 8 Developer get directly upgraded to MIUI 9 via OTA. While whose phones run on MIUI 8 Stable version, will have to go to the MIUI official website and apply for unlocking of the ROM.
After that, they will have to manually download the MIUI 8 and then flash the ROM into their model. If you are planning to do this, make sure to back up all the important data in your phone.
The list of models that will be getting the MIUI 9 closed Beta update include; Mi 3, Mi Note 3, Mi Note 2 / 2S, Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 2, Mi Pad 1, Redmi Pro, Redmi Note 4X-MediaTek version, Redmi Note 4 (all versions), Redmi Note 3S / 3X, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note, Redmi Note 1S, and Redmi Note 1.
This update seems to be the largest group update Xiaomi has ever rolled out. That being said, there are some devices which will not be upgraded anytime soon due to some issues.