TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
The mobile number portability scheme is not as rosy as it seems cause the TRAI(Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India) has asked telecom service operators not to consider requests from customers to change operators.
This limits the choices of the customers. Now, customers can choose only a single operator as opposed to an earlier ruling which allowed customers to choose/withdraw various telecom operators. Requests for an operator change will not be entertained henceforth. The operators can also reject a customer's request for portability if he/she has an outstanding bill of greater than Rs 10 or if the customer does not provide the correct unique porting code.
The TRAI has also declared that customers cannot withdraw their request for Mobile Number Portability. Customers could have their SIM Cards deactivated if they are found committing offenses.
Thus, we can understand that customers need to think twice before registering requests for Mobile Number Portability. Do reply with your thoughts on this in our comment section below.