YouTube better platform for brands' videos: Study

By GizBot Bureau

Video sharing site YouTube seems to provide a better platform to the brands in the online video realm than rival sites in terms of enhancing "recall value", a new study has found.

YouTube better platform for brands' videos: Study

Research from video content advertising firm Visible Measures found that brands enjoy a so-called "ripple" effect when they share a new video on YouTube that drives views of the brands' older videos -- something that does not happen when they share a new video on Facebook, Wall Street Journal reported.

SEE ALSO: Top 6 Futuristic Curved Display Smartphones to check out

As a result, videos on YouTube are watched by more people over an extended period of time, the study said. Visible Measures found that 45 percent of a brand's total views on YouTube are of new content and the remaining 55 percent are on previously uploaded videos to the brand's YouTube channel.

In contrast, when brands upload a new video to Facebook, 95 percent of the brand's total views are of the new content rather than existing content. "YouTube is really search-oriented and Facebook is really discovery oriented," Visible Measures CEO Brian Shin was quoted as saying.

"Because YouTube has that search capability, it makes it easier to have a large portfolio of content that can have a longer shelf life. You can always find stuff on YouTube," Shin added. After a user watches a video from a brand, YouTube can recommend videos from the same marketer or related videos for the user to watch next.

SEE ALSO: Motorola Moto X Play Review: It's All about Awesome Camera and Larger Battery

In addition, users are also likely to click on the YouTube page of a brand if they have enjoyed that brand's video, Shin said. "On Facebook, meanwhile, it's more difficult for users to search for a brand's older video content and users are less likely to go to a brand's Facebook page after watching a video," Shin said.

In its report, Visible Measures analysed 808 video ads comprising 1.6 billion views from 548 campaigns uploaded in the first half of the year from brands such as Pepsi, Samsung and Dove.

Source IANS

Most Read Articles
Best Mobiles in India

Read More About: YouTube

Best Phones

Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Yes No
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Gizbot sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Gizbot website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more