TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wants to sell 35-75 million Facebook shares in the next 18 months. Well, the social network giant is not in any trouble, Zuckerberg just wants to fund the company's work in education, science, and advocacy.
"Over the past year and a half, Facebook's business has performed well and the value of our stock has grown to the point that I can fully fund our philanthropy and retain voting control of Facebook for 20 years or more," said Zuckerberg wrote in a post. He said both he and his wife feel a sense of responsibility to contribute something to the society.
"I want to be clear: this doesn't change Priscilla and my plans to give away 99 percent of our Facebook shares during our lives. I anticipate selling 35-75 million Facebook shares in the next 18 months to fund our work," he added further.
Zuckerberg's main focus is to cure all diseases in their children's lifetime and personalizing education for every student. Furthermore, he asked the company's board to withdraw the proposal to reclassify the stock that he proposed to create in the previous year.
This is not the first time the Facebook CEO is doing something like this. Back in 2016, after becoming parents for the first time, both Zuckerberg and his wife pledged to donate $3 billion dollars to help the world get rid of diseases.
The year before that, in 2015, they pledged to give away 99 percent of the profit made by Facebook for charitable causes. Well, we want their good streak to continue in future as well.