- 1 hr ago How to get long term DTH packs from Airtel: Here's all you need to know
- 1 hr ago Vivo Z5x, most affordable punch hole display smartphone launched for Rs 14,500
- 1 hr ago OnePlus 7 Pro has a weird display issue called phantom touches
- 5 hrs ago Best smartphones with fingerprint sensor available under Rs. 5,000
- News This family drama has it all
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Finance 5 Best Safe FDs With High Interest Rates
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Automobiles Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
5 Warning Signs That You’re Buying Stolen Gadgets Online
Shopping gadgets online can often prove to be risky. Here are 5 things to follow to avoid purchasing stolen gadgets
In today's technologically advanced society, everyone is very much dependent on the internet. Whether it's about purchasing goods or checking out any information, the internet is our backbone in almost every phase of life.
To purchase anything be it groceries, clothing or gadgets, people today are dependent on the online medium as there are several deals, offers, and options available online. People want all the latest gadgets in their hand, but when it comes to spending money, they are a pretty miser in that.
However, trusting an e-commerce website with expensive gadgets is the most silliest thing that one can do. Just to save money, people often land up opting for a refurbished unit, which may often include stolen products, rather than going for a brand-new one. This may save your money, but might be a little risky for you.
So, here are 5 aspects to keep in mind while purchasing a gadget or any electronic product online.
Price is Extremely Low
Finding expensive gadgets at a lower price online is a sign that you should never opt for the product. Yes, to be noted, if iPhone is being available at a half of its market price, it's a big NO! NO! to buy the product. The product can be a stolen one, and hence the low price.
No Details of the Product Available in the Listing
While checking out a product, and you find no detail with the listing, and just a plain statement of what it is, you should never purchase that product. In most of the instances, it can be a stolen one, hence no details.
Check For the Serial Number of the Gadget
Well, just in case you're about to purchase a gadget online, ensure to ask for the serial number from the buyer and check for its status. You can check for the status of the serial number you entered online, and if it's a stolen one, it will display that the device has been recorded as stolen. Act smart!
Device is Password Lock
Before you make the payment, ensure to check the device once, and if its password lock, there's no doubt that it's a stolen one. A brand new gadget will never have a password lock.
Bad ESN Can be Risky
A device with a "bad ESN" is not a good option. A bad electronic serial number means the device has a low-performance level. The only option here is to look for a better choice.