TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The internet addiction causes damage to the brain just like the consumption of drugs or alcohol. The scientists claim that they have recognized a recent condition called Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD) due to which the individuals spend unimaginable amounts of time online.
The nerve wiring of the adolescent brains get disrupted due to internet and this is the same case that happens when people are exposed to cannabis or cocaine.
When they are denied the internet access, they may experience withdrawal symptoms and distress like obsessive thoughts, tremors and also involuntary typing movements of fingers, calim the researchers.
The previous research on the disorder has focused on the psychological factors and not on its physical impact. This new study was done by analyzing 17 teenagers addicted to internet and 16 others not addicted to it.
The scientists at Chinese Academy of Sciences found that in the teenagers diagnosed with IAD, there is some evidence of disruption caused to the white matter nerve fibers that connect to the main parts of the brain like decision making, emotions and self-control.