TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
We have often heard of scams that are meant to steal Facebook users' personal data, but now according to Researchers at the Kasperky Lab a new scam(Phishing Threat) is slowly spreading and according to the researchers is more dangerous than any other Facebook Phishing mechanisms.
This Phishing threat steals the credit card information of the users by gaining access into their facebook accounts and stealing all the facebook information of users.
This threat uses the normal phishing methods to obtain access to a users' facebook account, then the users' picture is changed to the Facebook icon and the user name is also changed to Facebook Security. This change of name is done through a set of ascii charecters rather than normal language charecters and appear confusing.
After this takes place, the scam threat sends out messages to all the contacts of the compromised user. This leads to confusion among the contacts which leads to these contacts falling prey to the threat. This leads to the users entering personal information including name, address, credit card number without which the site doesn't close. Even the credit card security code is asked here. After this, the details are obtained by the scam threat which leads to the credit card account also being compromised.
So, the message to facebook users is " Be Extra Vigilant".