TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
In a shocking trend, Facebook is being used by criminals across the world to trouble other people often by using derogatory words, scraps. This was observed in large numbers in the jails of the United Kingdom and various other countries of the world. Prisoners are resorting to use Facebook to taunt people(victims) and threaten them and their families all within the comfort of jails. This has led to closing down of Facebook profiles of such prisoners by the jail authorities.
Internet access for criminals is prohibited in all the jails across the world, but prisoners access internet through mobile phones which are smuggled in. Experts say that this fact comes as a big blow to Facebook which is already reeling under severe criticism in various countries.
One example which illustrates this shocking trend is a small boy jailed for murder posting pictures on Facebook showing him amongst dreaded criminals and dangerous weapons. This surely becomes disturbing for people to view. Jail authorities from jails across the world have reported various incidents of prisoners posting hate messages, revenge scraps on Facebook to threaten victims. This when continued will lead to Facebook becoming a haven for criminals and law breakers.