TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The next time you turn down somebody's friend request on Facebook, Beware! cause a study says that people tend to feel snubbed and withdrawn when their Facebook friend requests are turned down. This is one of the negativeness of the internet and also a disadvantage of social media.
The study also says that people tend to feel hurt and depressed when their friend request/requests are turned down. This rejection is similar to being rejected in person. The study states that this may have adverse and irreversible effects on the human brain. Online rejection could also lead to people developing suicidal tendencies.
The respondents of the study were found to lose self-esteem after their Facebook friend requests were turned down.
Experts say that we must be careful online. They say that positive communication among people will lead to a reversal of this trend.