TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Facebook India Plans Monetization After Striking 65 Million Active User Base
Facebook India has revealed its intention on monetizing its user base in India as the social network is currently handling 65 million active users per month. This announcement came from Ms Kirthiga Reddy who is the director of Online Operations, Facebook India. The company is keeping a keen eye on India and is considering it to be a huge market with lots of potential.
Facebook affirms the fact that several products and services are getting the benefit from online campaigns and word of mouth promotion by users via Facebook. She was stated as saying, “The online campaigns on Facebook, word of mouth promotion by users in their conversations is yielding business growth for products, services.”
The company has also announced the opening up of its new office in India. Facebook has a total of 4,000 employees worldwide. She also stated “a few years from now, you will not go to a website to see the same content I see. It would be more personalised.”
Facebook is rapidly becoming a medium for effective social communication and networking in an emerging country like India. Majority of the Indian population are still under the age of 30 and considers Facebook as an effective medium of practicing social networking. Facebook in total has more than 1 billion active users as per current statistics.
In a recent survey, it was revealed that there are a total of 6.5 Crore Facebook accounts in India. The boom in smartphones and tablets together with the internet revolution has triggered the rise in the number of users in India joining Facebook.
This makes India the third largest potential market for Facebook after US and Brazil. The company understands the huge potential in India and is expecting the arrival of a large number of users in future which will help them further in monetizing the platform.