- 11 min ago Realme C2 flash sale in India at 12PM: Price and launch offers
- 28 min ago Samsung Galaxy A10e spotted on FCC hinting imminent launch
- 1 hr ago TSMC will work with Huawei to manufacture next-gen mobile SoC
- 3 hrs ago Playdate is a unique gaming console which offers 1 game every week for $149
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki AGS: The Automatic Transmission For Every Indian
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections 15 Days: Mahesh Babu Movie Is Eyeing Another Milestone?
- News It's disheartening but let's keep the fight on: Robert Vadra
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Finance India Has Stopped All Imports Of Iranian Oil: US Ambassador
- Sports India's Joshna Chinappa bows out of British Open
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Facebook plans to be a one-stop professional platform with its new app, find out how
Facebook has clouded our social lives and now eyes to do the same with our professional network. 'Facebook Workplace' formerly known as Facebook at Work' is company's new platform that aims to change the way we work and interact with colleagues at work place.
Here's everything you need to know about the new platform.
What is Facebook Workplace
Facebook Workplace is a new way for colleagues to collaborate effectively and be more productive at the workplace. Just as Facebook keeps you connected to friends and family, Facebook Workplace can do the same with coworkers in an organization.
Young minds are the focus
As per Facebook's EMEA VP Nicola Mendelsohn, Facebook Workplace is designed keeping the young professionals in mind. Nicola says that young people are just so at ease with all different types of tools for communication. They expect it to be present in all aspects of their life, and that includes the workplace.
As per Facebook, the new platform can give these young minds a medium to engage with the broader business that they wouldn't otherwise have.
Facebook Workplace Features
Facebook Workplace has a suite of applications such as Facebook Live, Reactions, Search, Trending posts, News Feed, ability to create and share in Groups or via chat, etc. The platform allows you to chat with a colleague across the world in real time, host a virtual brainstorm in a Group, or follow along with your CEO's presentation on Facebook Live.
Who are currently using the platform
As per Facebook, more than 1,000 organizations around the world use Workplace. The list of companies includes Starbucks, Booking.com, international nonprofits such as Oxfam, regional leaders such as YES Bank in India and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore.
People have created nearly 100,000 groups and the top five countries using Workplace are India, the US, Norway, UK and France.
Is it free?
The answer is no. Unlike the Facebook social platform, Facebook Workplace will not be free. The company also announced a competitive pricing model that is based on a monthly fee per active user.
As Facebook says, "The more active users an organization has, the less they pay per user.
Facebook is charging $3 per user for first 1,000 monthly active users, $2 for 1,001-10,000 monthly active users and $1 for 10,000+ monthly active users," it said.