TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
More Than 40 Percent Twitter Users Have Never Tweeted, Says Reports
Twitter, barring the likes on Facebook, is one of the top social networking sites that's currently out there. But how is its popularity determined on a regular basis? Is it by the number of active users the site sees everyday? But if it's indeed so, then Twitter may not be doing so well.
According to reports, Twopcharts, a social media tracking site, has claimed via its recent report that 44 percent of Twitter's accounts do not ever see even a single tweet sent out from them. Apart from them, another 30 percent of existing accounts have only few tweets to their credit, with a score from one to 10.
The recent Twopchart's report, also claiming that only 13 percent of registered Twitter accounts have more than a 100 tweets, highlighted the Twitter's user-tweet ratio issue.
The report stated that around 542.1 million accounts have sent at least one tweet since the account was first created. And while all these numbers may not be of any importance to anyone, but it still suggests that more than half of the Twitter accounts that are currently in existence have alreadt tried out their hands on the service.
However, only 23 percent of those accounts have actually sent out tweets in the past one month.
Previous to this, Twitter had already claimed that it had 241 million monthly active users in the final three months of 2013. It is interesting to note here that the company defined it as users who login but do not necessarily tweet.
"Reasons for accounts that don't tweet include shy users who may simply want to read what others post, in addition to those who have signed up and not returned. There can also be false accounts and internet bots," Digital Spy notes in its report.