- 1 min ago Apple sends out media invite for WWDC 2019: What to expect from WWDC 2019?
- 4 hrs ago ARM breaks up with Huawei: Is this the end of Huawei?
- 6 hrs ago Redmi Note 7S vs other budget smartphones available in India
- 10 hrs ago ZTE launches super affordable ZTE Blade A5 2019 with an 8 MP selfie camera
- Movies Sumalatha Leads In Mandya & Nikhil Kumar Trails; Lok Sabha Battle Gets Interesting As Results Near
- News BJP may create history in West Bengal, leading in around 15 seats
- Finance Finance Ministry Prepares 100-Day Agenda For New Govt With Focus On Boosting Economy
- Sports Socceroos include six debutants for South Korea friendly
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Automobiles Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Facebook points new measures of transparency for political ads
Facebook has adopted new measures of transparency to keep a check on the posts that promote political agendas. It has introduced three substantial terms for political advertisers.
Last month Facebook had provided an information regarding a fake Russian page that had used the social media's advertisement services worth $100,000 to promote political posts with an intention to impact the US presidential elections. The event uncovered a drastic loophole in Facebook's advertisement services.
Following the eventuality, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg gave an overview of the social network's latest measures to keep a close eye and control the political ads problem. Facebook wants to raise the bar for the transparency of such political ads and pages and hence three points have been raised by Zuckerberg.
The most important decision taken by Facebook for political advertisers is the fact that they will have to prove their identity and also they will have to disclose who is financing the ad campaign. All the ads published by political advertisers will be labeled as "Political".
Facebook users will now have access to all the ads a Facebook Page is running, and also to the ads that a page has run in the past. Facebook will share details including the finances invested in running an ad, the audience, and the number of impressions.
The third point has already been mentioned before by Zuckerberg which is the use of AI and machine learning algorithms to identify political ads. Earlier Zuckerberg had announced that Facebook will put AI and machine learning to use to identify posts that are related to terror activities.
Zuckerberg had mentioned earlier that Facebook hardly has an impact on US presidential election campaigns.