- 9 min ago How to get 1.5GB data per day for one year from Vodafone
- 24 min ago Adata launches HD710 Pro hard drive in India for Rs 4,693
- 39 min ago Realme assures two-year Android update cycle for all its smartphones
- 54 min ago Redmi Note 7S is official: The most-affordable 48 MP camera smartphone in India
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Finance Gold Prices Slump Amid A Stronger Rupee And Rising Equities
- Automobiles New Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.70 Lakh
- News BJP delegation meets EC, demands re-poll in violence hit constituencies of WB
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez made history for Honda in France
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Facebook will soon allow users to control how much time they spend on Facebook
The Facebook's ‘Your Time on Facebook' is similar to "Usage Insights" Instagram feature
Facebook, the social media giant is working towards developing a new feature that will allow its users to know how much time they have been spending on the platform on a daily basis. The new feature will also alert the users if they exceed on the usage limit. The new feature is being called 'Your Time on Facebook' and is in the development phase currently.
The feature was reportedly first spotted by Jane Manchun Wong who is an app investigator. Jane had located the feature buried in the code of Facebook app for Android, along with sharing the screenshot of the 'Your Time on Facebook' feature in action.
It has been confirmed by a Facebook spokesperson that the feature is under development at the moment. The Facebook spokesperson also added that 'We're always working on new ways to help make sure people's time on Facebook is time well spent'. As for the feature itself, it will let you check how much time you've spent on Facebook on a daily basis over the last seven days. It also allows users to set a daily reminder that will send them an alert once they've crossed their self-imposed daily usage time limit'.
Further, the feature also brings a shortcut to change the notification settings and enables the 'Do Not Disturb' mode. We hope you remember the Instagram's recently released feature 'Usage Insights'. The Facebook's 'Your Time on Facebook' is similar to this Instagram's feature, and surprisingly this Instagram feature was also discovered by Wong.
The Instagram's 'Usage Insights' tool also provided a statistical breakdown of daily usage time over the last seven days. The feature also offers the users the ability to set a daily usage limit and also reduce the number of notifications. However, when it comes to the 'Your Time on Facebook' feature it is still not clear by when the feature will be made available for the general masses.